It feels SO GOOD to be at Friday night. Tonight hubby and I put the kids to bed, poured a drink, and went to sit on the back porch to share a cigar. Sure, it was freezing out, and I thought the cigar was disgusting, but for some reason it reminded me of college. Freezing outside in t-shirts back when we thought we were cool with our camel cigarettes and our cheap, cheap beer. Some days it feels so crazy to me that I can feel so old at 28.
Anyway, while I was freezing, I found myself wishing summer would hurry up and get here. I always make a wish list of things that I want to do over the summer. I’m sure I’ll change it, of course, but here is the start of my list.
1) Learn a new cooking style
2) More bonfires and barbeques
3)Finally make it a whole night back yard camping with the kids
4) Go fishing
5) Complete another mud run
6) Read more
7) Plant a bigger vegetable garden. Have kids help.
8) Take Batman fishing
9) Get out in the kayaks
10) Hit up the beer gardens with the hubby
11) See the fireworks down at Navy Pier
12) Walk down by the lake more
13) Bike more trails
14) Go geocaching
15) Make it to Festa Italiana this year (always seem to miss it)
16) Dells weekend
17) More homebrewing
18) Learn to work the grill
19) Finish back patio so hubby stops whining about it
20) Ice cream at North Pointe custard
21) Make it to Jazz in the Park more often
22) Teach Batman to ride a bike
23) Catch fireflies
24) Weekly farmers markets. Eat more local.
25) More parks
26) Slow down and enjoy life a little more
What’s on your list?